LASA is a community-supported agency committed to the prevention of both homelessness and recurrent homelessness. Your support allows us to provide housing to 75 families and prevention services to over 250 families each year.
Families and individuals alike often come to us with nothing more than the clothes on their back and a bag or two carrying their personal belongings. While all of their stories are a little different, one common theme resonates: they have suffered a severe loss. Your in-kind or monetary donations make it possible to provide the basic necessities to our families and community.
We accept new and gently used furniture and other household items for clients. Items in high need are:
- Beds (Twin, Full, Queen, & Bunk Beds)
- Dining tables with chairs
- Pots, pans, plates, bowls, & silverware
- Diapers (All sizes)
- Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, soaps, lotions, toilet paper, toothbrushes, toothpaste, baby products, etc.)
Monetary donations of any amount are always welcome. Click here to donate online. Here are several other ways you can show support:
- Honor someone special with your gift. We will be happy to send a certificate to the individual being honored, stating that a gift has been made in their name.
- Memorialize a departed loved one with your gift and allow their name to live on in a legacy gift to our organization.
- Planned giving – estimates have shown that approximately 70% of American’s do not have a valid will. When you update your will, consider a gift to LASA.
Your gift will be recognized in our annual report as a thank you for your generosity.
With your help we are able to provide baskets to all of our children, filled with goodies that are sure to bring smiles to their faces. Items needed are: baskets, candy, plastic eggs, etc. We can accept individual donations or you or your group can adopt a child for Easter and keep the spirit of the Easter Bunny alive!
The end of May marks the beginning of the “Back to School” season as we start collecting items that our children will need when they return to school in the fall. Recently, instead of hosting our own Back to School Drive, we have begun collecting school supplies for Caring for Kids. In return, Caring for Kids will provide “our” kids with supplies. You may drop any back-to-school donations at our office.
Thanksgiving / Christmas
With your help, we are able to provide the fixings for a home-cooked meal and gifts for families during the holidays. Keep in mind that each of our families occupy one of our units, which are fully equipped with the capabilities for families to do their own cooking. Families range in size from 1 to 8 people. We collect the following donations and our families can “shop” at our holiday give-away for things they need to make their holiday complete:
- Gift cards to local grocery stores
- Non-perishable foods
- Turkey or Ham
- New unwrapped gifts for children and adults of all ages
Visit many local businesses in the Lakewood area to select gift tags to sponsor a family or child. If you are interested in hosting a gift box at your business, Click here for more information about our 2019 Christmas Wish Box program.